2 axle truck driver works directly with and under paving foreman on asphalt paving jobs. Drives water truck, tack truck, some dump truck and flat bed truck. CDL with a good driving record and Clearinghouse non-prohibited status is required for this position. When not driving, employee will be utilized as laborer for the paving job; duties as laborer include flagging, shovelling, raking, and some equipment operation. Many trucks have automatic transmission, but some have manual transmission; driver would be required to legally operate both. This crew is based out of Jackson area. Employee will report for work at plant located at 90 Fiberglass Rd, Jackson TN. Reliable transporation and willingness to work as a team is a must! Ready to apply here? Or you can read more below
Work Hours: Monday – Friday, 10 hour work days (typical), longer work days may be necessary. May require Saturday, Sunday, or night shifts when necessary. Subject to seasonal layoff periods
Job sites are typically located in West Tennessee. The work environment can include excessive heat, cold, wind, rain, and other weather related conditions. At times, work will be conducted on uneven terrain, at heights, and near or over water. The employee will also work around moving mechanical parts, and the noise level in the work environment is usually loud. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes, such as asphalt, or airborne particles, such as dust.
A Functional Job Description is provided to applicants/employees and contains more detail on the physical requirements of the position.
A 2 Axle Truck Driver transports materials and equipment to and from safety sensitive highway and bridge construction sites, maintenance shops, and dealers. Job duties could vary depending on the jobsite and/or location where the Truck Driver is assigned. New employees are required to complete Safety Orientation, EEO, and Flagger training. All employees are required to perform all job duties in a safe manner in order to avoid injuries to themselves, other crew members, and the general public
· Good driving record and non-prohibited status with FMCSA Clearinghouse
· Must possess a current valid CDL drivers’ license without transmission restriction and have reliable transportation
· Follow safety guidelines at all times
· Ability to work as a team
· Must be able to pass drug screenings and maintain a drug free workplace
· Must be in good physical condition and endurance and pass a pre-employment physical
· Must be able to physically perform the essential duties and responsibilities as documented on the Functional Job Description for this position
· Must have good vision and hearing
· Must be ready to learn from on-the-job training when necessary
· Must be at least 18 years of age
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States
Essential Job Duties:
· Follow instructions from supervisor(s)
· Drive, maintain, and refuel the assigned truck
· Drive desired distances to safety deliver material/equipment
· Load and unload cargo, ensuring contents are properly secured to prevent damage/injury
· Carry tools for running repairs
· Conduct pre-operational check and report issues/problems to maintenance personnel
· Check weather conditions and road reports prior to departure to help determine driving routes
· Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive in accordance to weather/road conditions
· Assist other crew members with various tasks as needed
· Attendance, punctuality, and reporting to supervisor is required
· Attend all Tool Box Talks, ongoing safety training, and other on-the-job training
· Performs other duties as assigned
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Due to the extreme physical nature of the work, ADA accommodations may be limited. However, the Company will review each case and make accommodations if possible.
Minorities, females, and Veterans are encouraged to apply. Ford Construction Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.